HipagesGroup has recently introduced OKRs through all the departments. OKR (Objectives and Key Results) is exactly what it stands for: Objectives – goals that tell you where to go and Key Results – indicate how you will get to your goal for each objective. Our company OKR has been closely linked to Growth.
I was very privileged to be assigned into the Growth focus team where we created a CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) pod consisting of our VP of Product, a product manager, myself and another developer. Our aim is to push out two CRO A/B tests a day and in the last few weeks, I am beginning to really appreciate and understand what Growth Hacking is all about.
- Analyse data to get insights on where the opportunities for conversions are on the site
- Look at user behaviour
- Come up with a hypothesis of how we can increase conversions
- Create an A/B test based on our hypothesis
- Analyse data of A/B test and the process starts again…
Once you get familiar with the process and deploy a few tests, it can get quite addictive. After the last few weeks, I find myself chasing those test results, wanting to know whether the tests we rolled out have moved the needle. The results for one of our CRO tests, aimed for the increase in mobile traffic, show that we have raised the conversion rate from 3% to 6% – that is a whopping 3% increase in conversions! CRO has now become one of my passions! Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions or would like to discuss anything CRO.
Some other useful Reads and Resources:
- Our VP of Product, Dino Talic has recommended reading ConversionXL, Extra Lucrative Conversion Advice.
There are some very good articles there on CRO, one of my favourite being “How to Recognize Great Conversion Optimization People“.
- Another recommendation by Dino, is Wider Funnel
- Conversion Centered Design